Saturday, September 10, 2005

Hale Dwoskin Releases the Past While Jack Canfield Takes Us on a Magic Carpet Ride

Good morning, Successful People!

Are you feeling motivated this morning? I certainly hope so. I know that I am!

Wednesday, August 10, was truly magical at Jack Canfield's seminar. After many beautiful, wordless hugs while looking other people lovingly in the eye, Hale Dwoskin arrived to share his bubbling laughter. I could listen to Hale laugh all day. Laughter just bursts from him in unrestrained, egoless glee . . . and we all giggle along with him.

I have been using the Sedona Method for almost two years on a daily basis since Hale first contacted me to review his book for Amazon.com. I thought I had it down pat. But I was only hovering over the surface. Within five minutes, Hale's gentle voice and amazing cadence had me so relaxed that I felt like a melting popsicle that would soon ooze out of the chair and become a puddle on the floor.

He taught us ten different ways to apply the Sedona Method. What each method had in common was that it released us from re-experiencing past emotions so we could focus on our happiness and the possibilities of the moment.

Hale demonstrated on stage the way we normally work. Our past issues are like a tiny dot on a large piece of paper . . . a very small part of our lives. But we focus only on past issues, covering ourselves with the piece of paper so that that past becomes our identity. To demonstrate, he asked people to describe their pasts. People with really bad problems (like constant pain) describe their problems with an amazing amount of pride ("I have the head pain physician in my city treating my pain because it's so bad."). It turns out that we use past problems as a way to make ourselves seem special. Isn't that sad? Why not become special for the amount of joy we feel?

Here's an example that I shared before of a basic method:

You ask a series of questions, giving yourself time to feel whatever you feel in between questions.

"What is your NOW feeling?"

"Could you welcome that feeling now?"

"Could you let that feeling go?"

"Would you let it go?"

"When?" (this is an invitation to say now)

Then you repeat the questions as often as needed until you feel free of that particular feeling.

Most negative feelings evaporate within minutes.

The four basic methods are:

1) Decide to let the past go (the example above)

2) Let the emotion in rather than repressing it and let the emotion dissolve

3) Magnify the emotion and look at the core to see that there's nothing there which pops the emotion like a soap bubble

4) Holistic releasing by perceiving the space around your emotion

I had heard that the Sedona Method can eliminate pain in minutes, and I was astonished by the demonstrations. A woman stopped a migraine that she had had for two days within a minute. I had some pain in my leg and it was gone within 15 seconds. Here's the sequence for pain release:

"Focus on your sensations."

"Can you welcome your sensations?"

"Can you welcome the emptiness and space around every sensation?

"Can you welcome the sensations?"

"Can you also welcome the emptiness and space that surround and interspace every sensation?"

and repeat until you feel comfortable.

For Migraines (or any pain isolated to one part of the body) you also expand the blood supply and get it moving by first holding your hand over solar plexus. You also put your hands together in front of you and gradually pull them apart until they are outstretched at your sides.

In the process, we came to learn that pain is the brain's interpretation of a sensation that we can change back into a sensation without turning it into pain. Very nice!

If any of you suffer from pain, you should learn the Sedona Method. A book, CDs and seminars are available.

The most profound understanding I receive is that the desire to fix problems from the past is also dysfunctional. The only reason that we want to understand and fix problems is because we plan to have those problems again. The Sedona Method allows us to release the old emotion while keeping the learning of that past experience. Our intuition already knows the lesson. Very nice!

We also learn to use the Sedona Method to improve relationships, to create a better male/female balance within us, to solve health problems, and to unleash our perfect intuition to guide us all the time. I find that my inner voice is much louder now in telling me what to do (the good voice . . . not the scolding one).

I find myself thinking that this method could be a lifesaver for one of my students who lives in Australia. I hope he reads this post today and decides to come to the weeklong retreat in Arizona in a few weeks that Hale is offering.

We all agree that this training is the best part of the seminar to date.

We finish the morning by learning a method to turn our inner critic into an inner coach. My teammates and I find this experience very rewarding.

I feel sorry for billionaires. They are so busy that none of them are at this delightful seminar. I wouldn't trade the experience for all of Donald Trump's money!

After lunch, Jack helps us develop our personal visions of our personal life purpose. It's a hypnotic induction that involves meeting a spiritual guide in a spiritual place after a magic carpet ride. The answers come in terms of symbols. We see ourselves receiving a gift in a box. Then we open the box to see what the gift is.

My gift is in a large box that's 12 feet long, eight feet deep and five feet high. The box is inlaid with gorgeous oriental designs created by large rubies, sapphires, emeralds and other precious stones. Although the box is so large, it is so light I can lift it with one hand.

Inside the box I find flawless five and six carat diamonds that are square cut. They are lit by an amazing white light, and glint with all the colors of the rainbow like fine diamonds do. I can feel the diamonds as I dig through them. Their value and beauty take my breath away.

But I cannot figure out what they mean. Jack instructs us to ask the spiritual guide (who is an angel for me). My spiritual guide doesn't answer after I ask repeatedly.

Then two perfect, enormous white doves gently fly down through the while light to circle over my head.

I ask my spiritual guide what the doves mean and again there is no verbal answer but a new scene appears.

I'm instantly transported though into a beautiful grassy area outdoors somewhere and two perfect, enormous blue-and-purple-colored butterflies flap their wings gently in front of my face. They are so beautiful I feel in awe of them.

I still haven't been able to figure out what all this means about my life's purpose. I've been asking other people what they think. Feel free to comment if you have any ideas. I would love to hear from you.

From there, we begin to craft our visions of what we want over the next three years. Today, we will learn how to create those visions.

After class, we break up into self-directed classes where we share knowledge. I join the one for professional speakers, and we have fun sharing things we have each learned that no one else seems to know. I share my experiences with international speaking.

Afterwards, we enjoy a beautiful steak dinner.

What are the lessons for you?

First, you must learn the Sedona Method. If you want to start small, you should read the book. I'm sure your library has a copy. From there, be sure to go on to the audio course (which is around $250 -- you can split the cost with friends and it will be quite inexpensive). If you like what you've experienced, you should definitely join Hale Dwoskin for a seven-day retreat in Sedona (it's $899 for the first person and $500 for those who join you). I cannot imagine a more valuable seminar for that price. The next retreat is September 25-October 1. Visit
www.sedona.com or call 888-282-5656 to order.

Second, you should spend time thinking about your life's purpose. Here are some questions to help you:

a. List two of your unique personal qualities, such as enthusiasm and creativity.

b. List one or two ways you enjoy expressing those qualities when interacting with others, such as to support and to inspire.

c. Assume the world is perfect right now. What does this world look like? How is everyone interacting with everyone else? What does it feel like? This is a statement, in the present tense, describing an ultimate condition, the perfect world as you see it and feel it. Remember, a perfect world is a fun place to be.

d. Combine the three prior subdivisions of these questions into a single statement. Here is an example: My purpose is usinig my creativity and enthusiasm to support and inspire others as we all freely express our talents in joyfulness, harmony and love.

This method was developed by Mr. Arnold M. Patent. You can reach him at 28172 Via Chabas, Mission Viejo, California 92698 (949) 770-7769
www.arnoldpatent.com

Please feel free to let me know what else you would like to learn, and I'll do my best to help in future blog entries.

Thanks so much for your support of this blog. I'm delighted that so many tens of thousands of people have made this blog part of their regular reading habit!

If you like this blog, please let others know who might also enjoy it.

Thank you to my many friends, students, clients and blog readers who are spreading the good word about this blog. If you are visiting today because one of them invited you, I'm delighted to meet you! Let's stay in touch.

May God bless you.

Donald W. Mitchell, Your Dream Concierge

Copyright 2005 Donald W. Mitchell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home